2022 BORNEO FESTIVAL: On-The-Spot Painting Competition
Central i-City Shopping Centre is searching for artists to be part of the 2022 BORNEO FESTIVAL On-The-Spot Painting Competition!
The On-The-Spot Painting Competition* is organized by Central i-City Shopping Centre in conjunction with the 2022 BORNEO FESTIVAL to bring people together, appreciating the beauty of Borneo’s cultural diversity. This competition – themed “The Colours of Borneo” – is designed to encourage participating artists to paint their creative interpretations, transforming an empty canvas into their masterpiece. Top 5 Winners to walk away with total cash prizes up to RM5,500*.
- Date: 18th September 2022
- Time: 12pm – 4pm
- Venue: Central i-City Shopping Centre
(*terms & conditions apply)
(1) To enter, fill out the online registration form here, and submit it together with a registration fee of Malaysian Ringgit Thirty (MYR 30). Registration is based on a first-come, first-served basis, limited to 25 participants.
(2) Participants must complete the online registration form with a proof of payment receipt to AK Muezza Enterprise (Bank Islam 141530 100477 57) before the closing date to be considered successfully registered for the Competition.
(3) Deadline for registration is 15th September 2022^ by 11.59 pm Malaysian time.
(4) All 25 successfully registered participants will be notified by the 16th of September 2022^.
COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS
(1) The 2022 BORNEO FESTIVAL On-The-Spot Painting Competition (“the Competition”) is open to 18 years old and above residing in Malaysia, excluding the employees of Central i-City Shopping Centre and their immediate family members, its promotion agencies, advertising agencies, PR agencies, and any associate companies.
(2) The Competition is only held exclusively in Central i-City Shopping Centre, Shah Alam.
(3) Each participant is provided with a 4x4 feet empty canvas & to prepare their own painting materials, including a staple gun and cloth for floor protection.
(4) Medium is open to spray paint, acrylic paints, oil painting, or ink only.
(5) Each participant is only allowed to submit only ONE entry. The artwork submitted by the Participants must be originally produced by the Participant.
(6) The concept behind the artwork and the execution and development of the artwork must be the participant’s own. Any participant found to have submitted more than one entry shall be disqualified.
(7) All 25 participants will have their artwork exhibited during the 2022 BORNEO FESTIVAL event from 18th – 25th September 2022.
(8) All individuals retain rights to their work. Entry to the competition allows the Central i-City Shopping Centre & the 2022 BORNEO FESTIVAL the right to publish/exhibit the submitted work for publicity and marketing purposes, and to print/exhibit the work during and after the event on 25th September 2022.
(9) Prize collection will be arranged once the Top 5 Winners are selected. Winners will be contacted for arrangements.
(10) All Prizes are given on an "As Is" basis and are not exchangeable, transferable, or redeemable for cash, credit, other items, or voucher, in part or in full, and are absolutely non-negotiable.
(11) Central i-City Shopping Centre reserves the right to substitute any of the Prizes with that of similar value at any time at their absolute discretion without prior notice.
(12) Central i-City Shopping Centre reserves the right to extend any date specified for the Competition contained herein, to change, suspend or vary the Competition’s Terms and Conditions contained herein at any time, wholly or in part, by way of posting such changes on Central i-City Shopping Centre’s official website or in any other way deemed suitable by the Mall Management without prior notice to the Participants. The decision will be made at the sole discretion of Central i-City Shopping Centre.
(13) Central i-City Shopping Centre shall not be responsible nor accept any liabilities of any nature and however arising or suffered by the Participants and/or any third parties resulting directly or indirectly from the conduct of the participants to participate in this Competition.
(14) Top 5 Winners will be selected solely by Central i-City Shopping Centre’s Mall Management. The decisions are final with no appeals shall be entertained.
(15) All 25 entries and artworks become the sole property of the Central i-City Shopping Centre (to the maximum extent permitted by law) and may be used or reproduced in any manner and for any purpose by the Mall without additional consent or compensation, including without limitation for commercial purposes and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, participants: (i) grant to Central i-City Shopping Centre, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit, or otherwise use the entry/completed colouring artwork(s) submitted, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Competition or for any other reason; and (ii) waives all moral rights in and to participants entry in favor of Central i-City Shopping Centre (and anyone authorized by the Mall to use the entry/artwork).
- 1st Prize RM2,000
- 2nd Prize RM1,500
- 3rd Prize RM1,000
- Consolation Prize (x2) RM500
*Terms & conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
^Dates subject to change.
- 18 September 2022
- Central i-City
- 12pm - 4pm